Thursday, July 26, 2012

Close Encounters of the Strange Kind

A short update today. With the undead stronghold of Deatholme conquered in the Ghostlands, it was now time for Deedlitt to leave the homeland of the Blood Elves behind and begin her journey anew serving a greater purpose in representing the Blood Elves as part of the Horde. I used the Translocation Orb in Silvermoon City to teleport me to the Undercity, wherein I ended up running into several of my guild members waiting for the zeppelin to return to Orgrimmar. I received an invite to their group and promptly accepted.

Dancing on the Zeppelin
Not really sure why they invited me to their group, but I joined just to see what they were up to anyway. It turns out they were all going fishing for a little while, so I decided to pick up the profession and join in with them for a while. As I was fishing with them, a funny thing happened. Another member of our group who was not a part of our guild just out of the blue asked if I wanted to date him. It took me completely by surprise because I hadn't so much as uttered a word to him since I had joined the group. He knew absolutely nothing about me, but yet he was asking me out in a video game, not even caring to confirm if I was actually a girl behind the Blood Elf avatar. I told him I was a guy and had a good laugh.

Fishing in Orgrimmar
After fishing shenanigans were over, I received my orders from the Warchief of Orgrimmar to head to Ashenvale Forest where a fierce battle against the night elves was awaiting. Udderwin and I arrived at the Mor'shan Rampart on the outskirts of Ashenvale when yet another odd occurrence happened. We ran into a Blood Elf by the name of Fleeseveonen who we began to converse with for a little bit. As we were talking, Fleeseveonen kept remarking, "You're so cute!" which Udderwin and I both assumed he was referring to me. But then when I thanked him for the comments, he said "No, I'm talking about the cow," at which point we were both taken aback and I started cracking jokes at him. We snapped back and forth at each other in a tongue-and-cheek manner for a while.

All joking aside, I have no problem with homosexuality or Justin Bieber. :P
With yet more strange shenanigans put behind us, Udderwin and I battled our way through the Mor'shan Rampart into the heart of night elf territory in Ashenvale. Riding Brutusk the ruthless Kodo Beast mount, we crushed their ranks and made our way to Splintertree Post, a base camp for the Horde. We quested there for a while before ultimately deciding to do a dungeon run, this time taking the fight to Shadowfang Keep in Silverpine Forest.

Brutusk's Wrath
For the most part, the run went smoothly, but Udderwin had some problems with another group member again, as the other druid in the group, Mircat, was making it difficult for him to tank for us and as a result it was costing us some deaths.

Shadowfang Keep
Our first attempt at the boss of the dungeon, Lord Godfrey, was a complete wipe. However, after everyone recovered, we came back for round two and successfully conquered Shadowfang Keep. I got a new enchanting recipe to boot, which I used to give my staff a nice red glowing effect.

Lord Godfrey
At this point, Shadowfang had given us a significant experience boost, which as a result left us skipping the remainder of quests in Splintertree Post and leaving toward the Stonetalon Mountains to the southwest. While there, we got introduced to some of the oddest quests to date, one involving a pair of red shades that we were required to wear.

Questing with Style
But before we could continue questing any further, Udderwin and I were checking our maps for directions when my Internet connection suddenly experienced a huge slowdown and I was forced to disconnect.

Where are we again?
My latency remained extremely high for roughly an hour, causing us to give up on World of Warcraft for the remainder of the night. A strange conclusion for a very strange night in Azeroth.

No comments:

Post a Comment