Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Big Game Hunting

Once again Deedlitt finds herself back in the heart of Stranglethorn Vale. This time, I am re-accompanied by Udderwin to hunt some of the rarest beasts of the jungle. While on our way, we came across an interesting waterfall site, which we decided to experiment with and jump into the whirlpool to see if we could survive.

The Falls of Stranglethorn
We didn't. Well, that's one mystery solved! Moving along, we battled Sin'Dall, the great tiger, followed by Tethis, a vicious raptor.

Tethis
We finished off by taking out Bhag'thera and King Bangalash, two more ferocious felines lurking in the jungle. With all the big game hunting complete, we flew back to Grom'gol Base Camp so that we could trek our way to the Nesingwary Expedition to receive our rewards.

Bhag'thera
Flying to Grom'gol
Our next orders were to infiltrate an ogre encampment and kill their leader, Mai'Zoth, so that we could obtain an item called the Mind's Eye from him. Supposedly this would grant us mind control capabilities which we will need eventually for a future quest.

Battling Mai'Zoth
After taking out Mai'Zoth, we were also tasked with taking care of some more pesky trolls that were causing some trouble for the local Horde encampments. We were sent to their cave to deal with them.

Time to die, cave trolls!
Udderwin was done for the night, so I decided to head back to Orgrimmar to go nose-deep into some economics. My trade skills have been slowly falling behind at the rate that I was leveling, so it was time to take an opportunity to get caught up.

The first thing I noticed as soon as I went to the auction house was that mostly everything was inflated in price even for lower level items like the ones I was looking for, likely due to the fact that high level characters are what mostly populate the market, as well as alternate characters from high level accounts that could afford it. The upside to this is that I can make a nice chunk of money really quickly if I sell items. The downside is until I first participate in selling stuff, I can't really afford to buy anything worth any value. So, I first threw up some of my abundant Strange Dust I had collected from disenchanting items. It sold for 5 gold for each of the 4 stacks I put up, making me a nice stash of 20 gold in total. This gave me the currency I needed to get going with some purchases of my own.

Cashing in on Strange Dust
Next, I needed to work on some enchanting. This required an upgrade to a Runed Silver Rod so I could perform more powerful enchantments. I picked up some Greater Magic Essences for 90 silver apiece (100 silver = 1 gold in WoW currency), as well as a Silver Rod for 2 gold and 70 silver.

Gathering Mats
I finally had all the materials I needed to craft a Runed Silver Rod, and proceeded to make myself one.

Crafting a Runed Silver Rod
Next I needed to enchant some items to get my skill up. Since enchanting bracers were the easiest and cheapest way to increase my skill, I headed to the auction house to search for the lowest-priced bracers in my level range. It wasn't important what stats they had; it was only important that they were high enough level for my enchantment skill to increase. Being free of stat limitations, I was able to easily find some cheap bracers for 1 gold apiece, and went ahead with buying several of them in bulk.

Buying on the Auction House
Enchanting Bracers
After all was said and done, I enchanted several bracers and managed to increase my total enchantment skill up to 120 for the day. Not bad, but it should still be higher than where it's at now. For the time being though, we'll have to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment