Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Ruins of Dire Maul

Another short update today. Udderwin is MIA again and I struggle to hold a group for Dire Maul. Apparently it's not a very likeable dungeon. My first group assembled through the dungeon finder completely disbanded after only a few minutes into the instance.

My First Dire Maul Group
I reassembled a new group only to have our tank leave again a few minutes in, but luckily the dungeon finder quickly replaced him and we continued onward. Dire Maul itself is a fairly dull-looking place; it's composed of old ruins inhabited by ogres. It's easy to see why players quickly lose interest in it.

Traversing the Dungeon
On the other hand, once you get far enough into it you encounter some gigantic creatures such as the tree ents which help spice it up a bit.

A Tree Ent
Eventually we defeated the boss, but I accidentally ended up exiting the dungeon before I turned in my quests for it, causing me to teleport back to Orgrimmar and having to make a long trek back to Feralas, the region where Dire Maul is located.

Entrance of Dire Maul
With Dire Maul out of the way, I returned to Orgrimmar once more to get some much-needed profession training out of the way. I had been saving up several items in my inventory that I didn't need but would serve as good practice for my enchanting skills, so I used them all up to increase my skill.

Enchanting
That summarizes my progress for today. Hopefully I'll be able to have some bigger updates this week as Udderwin and I rip through some more quests.

No comments:

Post a Comment