Friday, August 3, 2012

Let's settle this like gentlemen.

No real exploration today, but some important updates nonetheless. So Paranormal Estate had become increasingly inactive as Udderwin and I continued to level our characters. I ultimately decided that while I did originally like the members of the guild when it started, they were no longer active enough within the game to justify continuing to be a part of the guild, so I made the unfortunate decision to leave. At the time of quitting the guild, Udderwin and I were the only two logged in members. I put out a message in general chat that I was looking for an active guild, but received no responses.

We proceeded to do the fishing daily quest in Orgrimmar from there, increasing our skill level in fishing. I also worked on my other trade skills again, this time focusing on tailoring. I reached a milestone of hitting 125 skill points in tailoring, granting me the ability to craft silk cloth items which are more powerful than woolen and linen items that I was previously crafting.

Tailoring in the Drag
While continuing to work on my crafting, I had a surprise encounter with an old guild mate, Jhonja, who used to be a member of Paranormal Estate. Now he was a member of a guild called Rehab, and it was perfect timing that Udderwin and I just happened to run into him. I asked him if we could join the guild, and he obliged.

Meeting with Jhonja
We had a funny little conversation after that, with me once again poking fun at Udderwin in front of guild mates. Eventually I goaded Udderwin into a duel, so we headed just outside the gates of Orgrimmar to do battle. Jhonja decided to follow for entertainment purposes.

Come at me, bro!
In the first duel, I defeated him by a large margin. It was then when he had just realized he still had his fishing pole equipped and he wasn't actually using any weapon.

Preparing for Rematch
We arranged a rematch and went at it again. This time, Udderwin's staff was properly equipped. It did little to save him though. The result was mostly the same. I still had at least a good two thirds of my health remaining once the duel was over. Between my teleporting and stuns, he couldn't get enough hits on me to compete. Udderwin was pretty frustrated afterward that he couldn't even come close.

Udderlosing
After defeating Udderwin, I was challenged by a level 20 Orc Hunter named Awes. I figured since I was level 32 this would be another easy match. Big mistake, however. The hunter surprisingly demolished me. I found out he was what is referred to as a "twink", a character that someone tries to deck out in the most powerful gear at a specific level that is below the level cap.

Facing Awes
I continued to experiment with different strategies against Awes while discussing it with a guild mate, Uriel. In my next duel, I tried to polymorph Awes into a sheep so that he couldn't attack while I took out his pet. This proved to work out fairly well at first, but I couldn't kill the pet fast enough before he broke out of the spell and began blasting away at me again. I had only just managed to slay his scorpion before I was once again assaulted by gunfire and defeated.

Team Rehab
I was never able to defeat Awes, but I learned some ways to improve my strategies nonetheless, and I made some new friends with Uriel and Jhonja in the process. I'm finding my new home in Rehab to be quite comfortable already.

No comments:

Post a Comment